Long time, no blog. I took the last week off from blogging to relax and refocus my energy. As a post-grad, I find that I have a lot less free time than I did in college. While I graduated almost a year ago (where does the time go?!) I never really thought about this topic until recently.
I became tired of endlessly scrolling on social media as soon as I got up in the morning and right before bed at night. I am sure that I am not the only one that does the same thing. After all, I recently wrote an article for work that explains people spend 50 minutes a day on Facebook and Instagram. If you are looking for more valuable ways to spend your time, I thought I would share 5 things that I have started or hope to incorporate in my life.
- Exercise. Lately, I have been getting tired and convincing myself that I don’t have time to work out. That is the furthest thing from the truth! Instead of waking up and scrolling through social media, I can start my morning on the right note and squeeze in a quick workout video on YouTube.
- Read a book. Last year, I wrote monthly book list blogs . Writing those really helped keep me on track with reading. Last month, I didn’t read as much as I would like to. This month, I am making it more of a focus to read. I recently started reading a book from the library called The House at the Edge of the Night by Catherine Banner. It takes place in the early 1900s on a small island off the coast of Italy. Have you read it before?
- Find a new recipe. Travis & I have really been experimenting with new dishes. In the past week, we tried three new recipes: banana chocolate chip muffins, pasta primavera, and rice & beans. I will write a blog post on those three recipes soon, so stay tuned for that! It is so much fun trying new recipes and switching up our meals. 🙂
- Spend time outside. The weather is finally warming up! This week it is going to get up to 80 degrees!! I want to spend time outside after work and enjoy the fresh, warm air.
- Play a game. Unwind after work and get a little competitive by playing a game with your family or friends. I love playing UNO and Jenga! It is so much fun. What is your favorite game to play? I want to discover some new games.
Hope these tips help you make the most of your free time! 🙂