Every time the season changes, I feel like life changes too. Sometimes, change can be very scary because we don’t know what to expect. I remember feeling this way around this time last year as I was preparing to graduate from college.
Nostalgia can be pretty tricky. I believe there is a quote out there that goes something like, “Things in the past seem much better in the future than they were in the present moment. ” It can be too easy to look back and think wow, we had it good then. However, in doing so, not only are you wishing away the present moment, you aren’t appreciating what you have now.
That’s why I wanted to create a list of happy things. It is important to remember that we are responsible for our own happiness. Our attitude determines our outlook on life. If we constantly think about the negative things going on in the news and around us, we will start to let those thoughts consume us. But, if we try to find the positive in each day, quickly we will begin to see a positive change in our mood.
- Peaceful mornings watching the sunrise
- A new song that quickly becomes your favorite
- Reading a great book that transports you into a different world
- Long talks with the people you love
- Seeing a friend you haven’t seen in ages
- Going for a sunset walk
- Hanging out with your loved ones
- Planning a fun vacation
- Trying a new recipe that turns out amazing
- Baking anything 🙂
- Fresh air
- Sunny days
- Listening to rain while you are trying to sleep
- Enjoying a cup of tea
- Having time to do a hobby that you enjoy
- Lighting your favorite candle
- Listening to your favorite instrument
- Simply relaxing and living in the moment
- Laughing with your best friend
- Going on spontaneous adventures
- Anything that makes you smile and appreciate life
This past month has been quite a whirlwind. There are a lot of different things going on that it has been a bit challenging to find the time to blog. I have missed it, even though I posted something two weeks ago, I haven’t been as consistent as I would like to be. I am really hoping (fingers crossed) that things will settle down a bit soon and I can dedicate more time to blogging.
Thanks for being patient with me!